William Parker

Parker and Perry was founded by William Parker in 1803, the business flourished and in 1817 his son finally entered into a formal partnership with the Perry family (they eventually merged to become Perry & Co. in 1820). Messrs. Parker and Perry enjoyed the patronage of King and Court, ranging from George, Prince of Wales to William Beckford; indeed in George Perry's own words of 1835 he boasted, 'We trust that our having made the greater part of the lustres for the late King, and our being now employed in making those for the new Palace of his present Majesty [William IV], will be some guarantee for the character of our Manufacture.' Amongst the best documented Parker commissions were for the Dukes of Devonshire for both Chatsworth, circa 1782-3, and Devonshire House, London in the 1820's and 1830's. Ronald Phillips Ltd often holds a collection of Parker and Perry chandeliers, whether it is a single or a pair of lustres you require, all are available to view at our Burton Street gallery.